Tuesday, July 16, 2013

#Wwow! Twitter Acronyms for Writers #amwriting


Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing an oldie but goodie, adding on a few additions provided by readers.

Twitter Acronyms for Writers


Have I mentioned how much I love twitter? I’ve been tweeting officially for more than a year now and I’ve learned everything by just playing around. BUT it would have been so much easier if someone shared Twitter advice from the get-go. SO, that’s where I step in for you.

Twitter Acronyms:

BTW – By the Way
BC – Because
CX- Correction
DM – Direct Message. This message will only be for the person you send the message to, but again it can only be in 140 characters or less.
EM – Email
FB – Facebook
FF – Follow Friday. On Friday’s you can hashtag FF to promote other tweeters you want others to follow. For example: #FF @MelindaDozier
HTH – Hope that helps
IMHO – In My Humble Opinion
JK – Just kidding
LMAO – Laugh My Ass Off
LOL – Laughing Out Loud
LMK – Let Me Know
MT – Modified Tweet. Put this at the beginning of the tweet so others know you altered it.
NSFW – Not Safe for Work (important for the above #darksideresearch!)
PRT – Partial Retweet. You put this at the beginning of the retweet so others know you altered it.
RE – In reply to
RT – Retweet
RTHX – Thanks for the Retweet
TIL – Today I Learned
TMB – Tweet Me Back
YW – You’re Welcome

Now how about WRITER specific lingo that newbies might not know? You will also see these acronyms on Twitter:

CP – Critique Partner
WIP – Work in Progress
MC – Main Character
POV – Point of View
LI – Love Interest
YA – Young Adult
MG – Middle Grades
SF/F – Science Fiction/Fantasy
MS - Manuscript
NA – New Adult
NF – Non-fiction
RWA – Romance Writers of America
RT - Romantic Times
PW – Publisher’s Weekly
ARC – Advance Reader Copy
HEA - Happy Ever After
HFN - Happy For Now


Resources on the web with an extensive list:

I hope you found this insightful. Happy tweeting! Oh, and add me, if you haven’t already. I have lots of fun! www.twitter.com/melindadozier


Melinda Dozier is a contemporary writer. Her three debut novels were released in 2013: The Boy Next Door and Time Changes Everything from Entranced Publishing, and Breaking the Rules from Crimson Romance. You can find more information at her website: www.melindadozier.com



No comments:

Post a Comment