Monday, July 8, 2013

WWoW! Marketing Summer Camp for Writers!

One of the best things to happen to me as an author was MFRW.
When I published my first book, I felt like a tiny guppy dumped into an enormous, dark and scary ocean where everyone else knew what was going on... but me. The #1 best piece of advice I received was when someone in my publishing house recommended I join Marketing for Romance Writers.
MFRW MOTTO: Seek, teach, share, learn, succeed.
"MFRW is open to the literary community. We focus on marketing and publicity efforts. We brainstorm ideas, get feedback, and find others for mutual promotion. If you seek advice on how to promote you're welcome here. We enforce our simple group rules. Keep it business-only. No promos, excerpts, contests, newsletters, or flaming. We respect those on digest by trimming our posts. Questions, promo ideas, requests for help are welcome."

I joined. I read everything. I participated or lurked in everything they offered and I learned so much from the other authors. The networking grew my reach. When I had trouble with twitter early on, the group rose up and helped me as a whole (my follow ratio was skewed and by them following me, my twitter account was restored!) - the founder, author Kayelle Allen, actually did a shout out to support little guppy me. All of a sudden, I felt like all those other rainbow fish swimming around me in the ocean. Everyone was so supportive.


My confidence rose as I participated in their member services... MFRW Authors blog is open to authors to post to, MFRW Pinterest boards bring added book exposure, MFRW pitch camp and other social marketing trainings throughout the year are added bonuses. There's a monthly MFRW newsletter - see a copy of the latest edition on my right sidebar. There's also a monthly banner advertising project and for those authors on twitter, MFRW publishes a weekly Paper.li where you may be featured base on tweets. You can also follow MFRW twitter account. MFRW is just beginning to organize their own blog hops with the most updated hop software available. We even have a facebook group which is less formal than the Yahoo group.

AND, *insert drum roll here*, the VERY BEST PART is... MFRW's Summer Camp! 
Camp starts this Friday, July 12th and ends on Sunday, July 14th. It's packed with a variety of topics and top-notch instructors. No sleeping bags or camping equipment required for this camp - it's all on-line. Plus, it's free. Sign up for camp by joining the CoffeeTime Romance Forum. ALL classes will be held there. Here are the instructions to follow. The official camp hashtag is #MFRWcamp if you want to follow on twitter.

Now, what are you waiting for? 
Go ahead and join!
Don't miss out on this opportunity to network and grow
as an author. There's no question that marketing ourselves is a huge part of what we do in this ocean of ebook publishing. Let MFRW guide your way. 

I'd love to hear if something I said in my post convinced you to join! COMMENT below and let me know...
Paloma

No comments:

Post a Comment